STANDARD HEATHCARE SEAFARER MEDICAL EXAMINATION CENTRE
Dr.K.Manikandan highly qualified 'Occupational Health Physician' has Graduated– M.B.B.S. in Balaji Medical College and Completed his AFIH (Associate Fellowship in Industrial Health) in SRM University also completed Diploma in Diabetes Management.
Dr.K.Manikandan is an Approved ‘Medical Examiner’ for seafarers by D G Shipping, Govt of India and has been actively involved in all aspects of Maritime Health related activities, right from pre-employment medical examinations to post sign off medical examinations, certifications, Disability Assessment, Medico-legal reports preparations, Drugs of Abuse &Toxicology analysis.
Maritime Occupational Health Medical Clinic:
Every seafarer or offshore worker must undergo and pass a medical examination which classifies them as medically fit for sea-service or offshore service.
The Medical Examination standards are as per - ILO No 73 (ILO 147), Maritime Labour Convention (MLC) 2006, STCW Convention 2010 (1/9), FLAG-STATE Guidelines, P & I Club guidelines, OGUK Guidelines for the assessment of Medical Fitness for sea-service:
Medical examinations are conducted for –
- Pre-Sea Medical Examinations – conducted before person embarks upon seafaring career. This is more stringent bearing in mind that the objective is to head-off an unhealthy or unwise career choice.
- Periodic Medical Examinations – conducted at periodic intervals during seafarer’s career. Provides opportunity to ensure that a seafarer remains fit for sea-service by identifying medical conditions which may have developed since the seafarer entered the profession.
- Pre-Employment Medical Examinations. (PEME) – conducted before the seafarer reports to a employer for employment / sea-service or offshore service. This is based on specific requirements of the employer taking into account Statutory guidelines and Non Statutory requirements.
- Post-Employment Medical Examinations – conducted after the completion of employment contract. This gives an opportunity to identify medical conditions which may have developed during the course of employment.
- Ships Flag State Medical Requirements – These are statutory requirements.
- P & I Club Medical Requirements – These are insurance company requirements.
- Offshore Medical Examinations – conducted to assess the fitness of offshore worker to work at offshore oil rigs & platforms.
We are conducting a variety of physical examinations that are tailored to meet the unique needs of the organization, whether it is to determine employment suitability or help keep companies in compliance with applicable regulatory standards.
Our Occupational Health Medical Centers have highly qualified experienced medical staff and are fully equipped with most modern medical equipments with all the facilities under one roof to meet industry’s requirements. The medicals are carried out to ensure an individual is fit to work at sea or in an offshore oil and gas exploration and production environment and travel to a specific country, and to promote good health in general.
- Detailed past medical history taking & answering questionnaire
- Medical Consultation & Examination of all body systems by Qualified & Experienced Doctors
- Fully Automated Computerized Pathology Laboratory for Haematology, Biochemistry, Serology
- Eye Tests – Using AR Machine and Snellenzs Chart
- Audiogram – Hearing assessment
- Spirometry - Pulmonary Function Tests
- ECG / TMT Stress Test
- USG Facility
- Digital X ray facility
- Drugs of Abuse & Alcohol Testing
- "Toxic Elements Profile" for carcinogenic substances
We provide full line of immunizations. We have years of experience in delivering travel medicine vaccinations. We can provide the following immunizations.
Drugs of Abuse & Alcohol Testing Facilities:
In accordance with policies for alcohol & illegal drugs of abuse, we conduct Immunoassay for following drugs & their metabolites as per (Jt. ILO / WHO committee on health of Seafarers – Guiding Principle on Drug & Alcohol Testing Procedures and SAMHSA Recommended Guidelines)